All information provided on our website has been researched by our team, consulted on with other families in the system, checked by lawyers in the defence sector or provided by Corrections NZ.
Should you experience issues when following our guidance, please get in touch to let us know. We aim to have the best and most up to date information on our website.
Should you find issue with a procedure that an organisation has stipulated but not followed, please let us know as we will endeavour to challenge this on your behalf.
Social Justice Aotearoa will support and advocate for families and push for positive change within the justice system.
Inclusion, Support, Empowerment and Transparency
Actively promote our vision, mission and values
SOCIAL JUSTICE AOTEAROA CORRECTIONS POLICIES
- To work with families to ensure that corrections is providing a safe environment for prisoners and are assisting all family members.
- To help families understand the procedures and options for rehabilitation programs for those they are supporting, in line with international practice and policies.
- To ensure that families of inmates are given the assistance they require to engage with their loved ones.
- Working with the families to promote a better reintegration service for prisoners reintegrating back into the community.
- To work with corrections to suggest better processes and policies
- Maintain relationships with key government and social service networks to identify new and innovative ways of working ‘better’ together
- Support families in ways that make a positive impact on their lives and enhances their social progress
SOCIAL JUSTICE AOTEAROA MINISTRY OF JUSTICE POLICY
- To ensure and promote fair and justice in New Zealand.
- To work with political parties to create a fairer, better, and more transparent justice system in New Zealand.
- To assist families who are struggling with the justice system.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AOTEAROA POLICING POLICY
- To ensure and promote fair and open policing in New Zealand.
- To work with political parties to create a fairer, better, and more transparent policing system in New Zealand.
- To assist families who are in the police system to ensure they are being treated fairly.